Panna cotta with berries
Simple and elegant classic with lovely summer berries
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 teaspoons tasteless gelatin powder
- 6.5 dl of cream
- 0.8 dl sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 dl Creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sauce & Berries:
- 6, 5 dl freeze raspberries
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4.5 dl of fresh berries (i.e. blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, chopped strawberries)
Here's how you do it:
- 1. Pour the milk into a bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin powder. Stir with a fork and leave for 5 minutes.
- 2. Mix cream, sugar and salt in a frying pan and simmer. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the milk begins to steam. Don't let it start to boil.
- 3. Slowly pour the hot cream over the gelatin mixture and stir while mixing to melt the gelatin. Rub some of the cream mixture between your fingers to make sure the gelatin is melted, it should feel smooth and not grainy.
- 4. Mix the cream fraiche and vanilla to a smooth butter, then evenly distribute between the molds and leave for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator until set or overnight.
- 5. Mix raspberries, sugar and orange juice in a blender until smooth. Let it rest in the fridge until serving.
- 6. Rinse the sauce on the pan and place the berries on top.