English Chocolate Cake With Mocha Cream Filling
A little to the sweet tooth with the taste of England
- 1 Round Springform
- 200 g. Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 4 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 100 g. Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Light syrup
- 150 ml. Sunflower oil
- 150 ml. Milk
- 1 tsp. Nescafe Powder
- 1 tbsp. Boiling water
- 300 ml. Whipping cream
- 25 g. Icing
- Marmalade to lubricate the bottoms with
-1 hp. Oranges
- 100 g. Dark chocolate
1. Turn on the oven at 180 degrees.
2. Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and then stir in the eggs, oil, syrup and milk.
3. Divide the dough into a greased spring form and bake the cake for 35-45 minutes in the center of the oven.
4. Take the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool slightly in the spring form approx. 5 min. before loosening from the mold and cooling until completely cold on a grate. Cut the cake in the middle so that two cake bottoms are obtained. Like layer cake bottoms.
5. For the filling: Dissolve the nasal cup in the boiling water. Put it in a bowl of whipped cream and icing. Whip until the mass is so firm that the cream can stay up (so it is stiff).
6. Lubricate the cake bottoms like a jam layer cake and distribute some of the cream / mocha cream between the two bottoms. Spread the rest of the cream / mocha cream on top of the folded cake around the sides as well.
7. Tear the dark chocolate with a potato peeler to make it bigger chocolate tabs. Distribute these chocolate pieces on the side of the cake so they stick to the cream. On top of the cake, the chocolate branches are distributed to give a nice rustic look.